My Backpack

In the book Finding Someplace the main character, Reesie, had to put important things in her backpack because there was a huge hurricane and her house was flooding. 

If I had to put important things to me in a backpack because a huge hurricane was coming, I would put my electronics first like my phone, iPad, computer and charger so I can try to contact someone. A small blanket is also very important because it will keep me from freezing to death as well as a small flashlight just in case the lights go out. I would need to put important papers like passports and birth certificates just in case my house flooded. All of these items are essential, including food and water, to survive a hurricane.

If I were stuck in a hurricane I would definitely need food and water. It is one of the most crucial things to bring because you NEED it to survive. I would bring something that lasts long like bars or chips, even canned food. A few water bottles would also be good considering that I don’t have that much space in my backpack. Hopefully this will be enough to keep me alive for hours, days or even months!